Thursday 22 March 2012

Ryan's fourth blog post

So far I haven't really cared too much for the book but its not as bad as I first thought at the beginning. The beginning really started out too slow in my opinion and I found it hard to get into. I absolutely hate books that start off with slow or stupid beginning which this book had elements of both. After the chapter "El Patron" (Farmer 52) It started to slightly pick up but I still found it boring. So far I'm just hoping to get to the ending soon because its really just becoming a hassle to read now. I actually love the actual idea behind the story but the way Farmer wrote it is, how can I say this, awful? It really is not a very interesting book and it could've been a much better book if it had a slightly faster pace and also some chapters of the book are just boring like the first 4 chapters, sure they're important but they're make me want my mind to imploded. Those are my thoughts so far on this book.

1 comment:

  1. You have very forward opinions on the novel, Ryan. I agree that the novel did take a little bit to pick up, but aside from the pacing, why is the novel boring? I find that the characters get more and more developed throughout the novel, but that's just me. You'll make it through the novel, don't give up!

    ReplyDelete